Course AD103: FACET Tunnel Hazards Training (Core)
Who Should Attend
This course is mandatory for:
- This course is mandatory for Experimenters (SLAC employees, users and guests) who access Sector 19-20 tunnel to set up and operate experiments.
This training is NOT mandatory for SLAC employees who are not experimenters (regular SLAC access requirements apply) nor is it mandatory for casual non-experimental visitors who are escorted by a member of the S0-20 and FACET Accelerator Division safety organization.
- 115 - General Employee Radiological Training (GERT)
116 - Radiological Worker I Training
116PRA - Rad Worker Practical
Please see the notes section below for information on how to take this training.
|Contact:||Name: Seabury, John J.|
To schedule a practical contact:
Due to the level of the hazard, workers may not undertake
Set up or perform experiments in Linac Tunnel Sectors 19-20
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to understand and adhere to:
- Acronyms and terms used in connection with FACET
- Emergency Procedures including egress and Incident Notification
- Work Planning and Control requirements for FACET
- Safe Work requirements including but not limited to
- Personal Protective Equipment
- RMMAs/radiation surveys
- Material handling in and between housing and gallery
- Storage/staging areas
- Administrative controls:
- Three-strikes policy
The course is designed to inform and familiarize the experimenter with the special hazards inherent in the FACET experimental tunnel area and the requirements for him/her to gain access to the location for experimentation.
- 10CFR 835.901 (Basic radiation safety training requirement)
10CFR851.22 (Hazard prevention and abatement)
10CFR 851.25 (Training and information)
|6/29/2015||Joe Kenny removed as contact and replaced with John Seabury.|