Installed in 2012, this deflecting cavity is upstream of all experiments in sector 20 of FACET.
The deflecting cavity allows single‐shot measurement of longitudinal profile.
• This is vital for PWFA experiments.
• This is also extremely useful (and desired) by other experiments too.
• This allows measurement of sliced (horizontal) emittance.
• It can resolve the separation between the drive & witness bunches for PWFA and DWA.
• Additional experimental use includes radially offsetting witness bunch for radiation studies.
• It can also tilt bunch for hosing instability studies.